This was one of those days where I was glad I was shooting RAW and not jpeg. Even after a handful of test shots I couldn’t decide on the correct white balance as it was a blend of artificial indoor lighting and natural light streaming (well as much as it does for a January day in Scotland) in through the windows. After a little trial and error in post processing I ended up finding something that worked.

I’ve been working on building a solid pattern for how I want to shoot the average basketball game and I was happy enough to apply that here. I even left a little time towards the end of the match to try something creative and have a go at a panning shot. Still got a bit of work to do on that but I did get a couple of shots where the face was nice and sharp. Hopefully I can expand on that in other matches later this season.